Today is the day when we take stock of the lessons of the past year and let it go, welcoming in a new year and a new start. And this year we get double the bang for our buck with a new moon on the first day of the new year! Making the 1st the perfect day to plant the seeds you want to grow over the next year.
Like myself, many of you beautiful Goddesses probably did some releasing work on the Winter Solstice. And while the solstice is a wonderful time for this kind of releasing work, new year’s eve is also a great time for it, particularly for specifically letting go of the past year and preparing for the new one.
New Year’s Eve Journaling Prompts
Here are some journaling prompts to help you evaluate and let go of the past year and get ready to welcome in the new year with an open mind and heart. Feel free to answer them all or just choose those that call to you. After all, there is no right or wrong way to journal!
- What were the top 3 major events in my life in 2013?
- What lessons did I learn from these events?
- What habits from this year would I like to let go of?
- What habits from this year would I like to carry over into next year?
- What was the best thing that happened in my life in 2013?
- What was the worst thing that happened in my life in 2013?
- Did I love myself and practice enough self care in 2013?
New Year’s Day Journaling Prompts
And here are some prompts to help you set up the new year and manifest the year you want to have.
- What is my ultimate goal for 2014?
- Is this goal realistic? Can I achieve it within a year’s time?
- What steps do I need to take to accomplish this goal?
- What new habits do I want to grow this year?
- What can I do differently that will make this year better than last?
- In 2014 I will focus on _____________.
The New Moon
As I mentioned above, the new moon falls on the first day of the year making it a powerful time for manifesting all of your desires for the new year. I generally use the new moon to plant the seeds that I want to grow over the next month. However, this new moon is perfectly positioned for planting the seeds we want to grow over the entire next year.
The journaling prompts above are a great way to accomplish this. I’ve been doing a type of manifesting journaling that I call Journaling with Intent for the past few months and have seen some great results. I use statements that suggest my goal has already been accomplished (ie “I am healthy” rather than “I will be healthy” or “I want to be healthy”) and I visualize my goals actualized while I write. It’s a great, simple and effective way to bring about change in your life.
What are you letting go of in preparation of 2014 and what seeds are you planting to grow this year? Join the discussion on the Be Your Own Goddess Facebook page.
I’m letting go of any self defeating and self loathing thought patterns that occurred so often in 2013. For 2014 I’m planting seeds to grow my personal yoga practice so that I can start teacher training and focusing on making this blog everything I dream it can be!