The Dark Moon is a great time to look within and explore the deepest aspects of ourselves. To release those things that are no longer serving us or that we’re just ready to let go of. And one of my favorite methods of releasing and letting go is journaling. I put everything I have into it, I visualize these things literally flowing from my body, through the pen and into the paper.
So set aside some time to yourself, grab your journal and a cup of tea and get ready to set up your path for the month ahead.
- Are there any places in my life that I’m expending too much of my energy?
- Are there areas of my life that I’ve been ignoring that deserve more attention?
- What makes my soul sing?
- How would I describe my authentic self?
- What changes can I make to live more in my authentic self?
- How can I grow from the challenges I’m facing?
- What do I want to purge from my life right now?
- What do I want to bring into my life? What seeds will I plant at the New Moon to grow this month?
- What one thing can I do right now to move my life in a more positive direction?
- Finally, free writing can be a great way to release thoughts and ideas not currently available to our conscious minds. Turn to a new page in your journal, start writing and don’t stop until it’s full.
Feel free to come back to these questions each Dark Moon. You’ll be surprised as you watch your answers change over time. Join the discussion on the Be Your Own Goddess Facebook page.